Join Mathew for an introduction to Pixi.JS: the open source HTML5 rendering engine with an overview of what Pixi.JS is and how it can help you with making HTML5 2D content. Mathew will go through its features using examples and also popping the hood to explain how it works and the techniques they use at GoodBoy Digital to get the engine running as fast as possible.
He will demonstrate some dos and don’ts of Pixi.JS for optimizations, and show some examples of some exciting new upcoming Pixi.JS v5 features.
To show you how Pixi.JS can be used to help you make awesome 2d games.
People who make games in HTML5. New and old Pixi users!
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- What Pixi.JS is and when to use it
- How to use the various Pixi features to bring visual element of your content to the next level
- A top level understanding of how 2D rendering works
- How to optimize code for rendering
- How he will be evolving Pixi in the future to allow users to be even more empowered!