For the past decade, Nicholas Felton has methodically captured and shared his life in a series of projects collectively known as the Feltron Annual Reports. These reports apply data visualization techniques to the age-old concerns of the journal and have contributed to the current field of lifelogging. In this talk, Nicholas will share his methods for data collection as well as his narrative and design concerns while creating his reports.
Personal Processes is an introduction to the motivations and techniques behind the Feltron Annual Reports.
Designers. Anyone working with data or interested in storytelling.
- The importance of data as a new design medium.
- How to humanize statistics.
- Successful strategies for collecting data.
- Techniques for communicating a data set.
- The sensitivity of meta-data.