How does music help tell a story without overshadowing it? If you didn’t notice the sound design, does that mean it worked? What are some of the most effective ways to approach a composer to commission a custom track? Dive into the world of sound design, music composition, voice over and music licensing, with a team from Six Degrees Music & Sound. A composer, audio engineer and voice director will share their experiences in the audio world. They will take you through a project from start to finish, discuss the production process, and the decisions that went into creating the music, voice and sound design for radio, television and film.
Bring to light the power of sound and music in telling stories. To give participants a greater understanding of the world of music & sound, and the creative process.
Creative professionals, students, content creators
Six Things Audience Members Will Learn
- The stages of the audio production process
- How are music & sound developed?
- How can audio shape a story, and pull it in different directions? Is the sound design leading, is the music leading? What is the intent of the piece emotionally?
- How do composers make decisions on tone, placement, instrumentation and arrangements for visual content? How do these decisions affect content?
- The world of voice-over talent and recording
- Audio branding
Hands-On Sessions: Get more involved with a topic with these 90-minute hands-on sessions where you’re invited to engage with the speaker, and each other to solve problems, discuss real life case studies, and more! Walk away learning something valuable you can put to use in your work and personal projects.