In this session Hoss deconstructs his latest creation, BlenderTen.com, a online drawing tool that provided him with an opportunity to eat his own dog food.
For years now Hoss has been ranting about User eXperience, simplification of user interface, stealth tutorials, multi-user creativity, and abstract narrative, and BlenderTen.com is the embodiment of all this preaching – an opportunity to put into practice his wants and desires without the limitations of client, budget, or schedule.
Laugh at Hoss’s naive assumptions about the site’s users, learn from all the really dumb mistakes he made, discover the shortcuts that made it all possible, and listen to him humbly admit that when enough users do something the wrong way, that becomes the right way.
• Is the pain of learning the PureMVC framework worth it?
• Is ExpressionEngine better than WordPress as a Flash CMS?
• Discover why FDT is better than Flash Builder!
• Why AMFPHP and Service Capture are BFF.
• How to get your personal projects out of a rut and onto the web.
• Learn to love Fireworks.