This fast-paced presentation by Dan Nagle is divided into 3 parts:
- A quick look at an example game that did not use an engine library, followed by how the same game is made better by using the Crafty game engine.
- An overview of the Crafty and Impact game engines and how each has strengths depending on your game’s complexity.
- Universal distribution techniques for desktop and mobile platforms.
Learn how to develop and distribute games using engines.
Web developers who are interested in starting game development.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Five things audience members will learn
- Basic game development concepts
- Introduction to the Crafty game engine
- Introduction to the Impact game engine
- Desktop distribution methods
- Mobile distribution methods