We always consider the web to be a unique thing. A decentralized platform based on open technologies. A sturdy, open utopia of people using technology to collect and archive the sum of human knowledge. However, in the 20 years we have used the web, this has become less and less of a goal. The web is a thing everyone likes to rely on, but the use of it has to cater to different needs and demands. It is time for us as developers to be aware of these needs and understand different audiences better.
Understanding different audiences on the web and finding happiness as a developer supporting them
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Different constituencies of the web
- How to not go nuts trying to keep up with web technology
- Understanding the decisions that lead to seemingly horrible products
- Automating parts of your workflow to free you to learn new things
- Understanding technology decisions of big web players