While few creative types have statistics beefing up their resumes, the creative world is still judged by these measures in most companies. In fact, companies are now signing up for data analysis in a whole new way. Through her own experiences with a variety of companies, Data Science Strategist Danielle Leighton presents the most common pitfalls companies dig for themselves when it comes to data, and how to avoid them.
Algorithms are awesome, but they rarely care about us. The data you feed into them matters- a lot.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- What the hype is around Big Data and Data Science
- The two fundamental types of metrics and why they matter
- How business metrics get involved in Data Science projects
- How to work with data and actually get good things out of it
- Why all this impacts your work life (even if you don’t care about data at all)