Join speculative architect Liam Young and an all-seeing smart city operating system as they take a tour in a driverless taxi through a network of software systems, autonomous infrastructures, ghost architectures, anomalies, glitches, and sprites, searching for the wilds beyond the machine. The talk will be an audio-visual expedition to a city found somewhere between the present and the predicted, the real and the imagined, stitched together from fragments of real landscapes and designed urban fictions.
To explore the urban and cultural implications of new technologies of automation and the smart city.
The talk is aimed at designers, technologists and cultural practioners.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- The future of technology in the city
- The history and future of smart city technologies
- The cultural applications of drone technologies
- The power of visual storytelling to prototype future scenarios
- The cultural implications of LIDAR and new surveillance technologies