Companies large and small alike have embarked on the journey of building a design system to transform the way they build products. Inevitability for many teams once their shiny new platform is ready for launch, the question comes, “Ok, what now? How do I get people to use it?”
A design system is more than a collection of components or a style guide. It’s a way of working that requires a shift in organizational approach to yield outcomes.
Walk through the lessons Rangle.io has learned building design systems for leading organizations globally. What’s worked and what hasn’t for adoption.
Those looking towards or building a design system for their organization.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
A basic understanding of what a design system is.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- The common pitfalls impeding adoption of a design system
- What you should consider before you start building
- How a design system should fit into an organization’s broader digital delivery approach
- Why design systems and Agile naturally fit together
- Measuring the success of a design system