This session is a case study of « Lord of the rings Battle for middle earth 2 » multi-users tactical flash game, created for EA Games.
Francis deconstructs this game, from concept to technical execution. He gives the keys to reduce project development time and increasing quality results.
– Gameplay, design approach and technical choices to fit client needs.
– Game architecture and oop approach, think modular.
– Code reuse, templates and libraries.
– Collaborative work with designers (assets integration, versioning).
– Dealing with sound, animations and video effects.
– Deploy 3D isometric display, easy as hell.
– Multi-users basics design.
– Benchmark and debug process.
– Ranking, viral marketing, security and cheating, the warhammer.
This session is constructed to offer technical and inspirational vision of game development.
Who this presentation is for:
It¹s mainly targeted to developers but offers to anyone real world solutions to avoid common pitfalls and improve team workflow.
What attendees will walk away with
After the session attendees will walk away with how-to-techniques and tips on better design and development to build efficient solutions for online game industry.