Smartphone based augmented reality (AR) is enabling all types of new applications and interactive experiences. We believe that when AR is coupled with the web and exposed as an API that web developers can use to build AR content, we’ll start to see AR content become more pervasive and ubiquitous. Reza is excited to share what they have been developing at Google and how others can start creating web based AR experiences to enhance storytelling, interactive experiences, education, and shopping.
To raise awareness and excitement for web based augmented reality websites and how to design and implemented web based AR content.
Designers and developers who are interested in creating AR content via web technologies. Advertising agencies who are interested in integrating AR into their deliverables for their clients.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- The current state of smart phone based augmented reality
- The current state of web based augmented reality (WebAR)
- AR visual and interaction design guidelines
- How to get started with WebAR (three,js, three.ar.js, js, node, etc.)
- Things to keep in mind for designing performant WebAR applications