One of the most difficult aspects of developing for different screen sizes is the need to serve high quality images without slowing down the browsing experience. Websites are becoming more image heavy every year and with the popularity of content management systems growing, we don’t always have the luxury of complete control over the image sizes that are uploaded. Anne will be sharing some of the tricks that she has learned over the years to achieve the ideal combination for responsive images – fast, good and cheap.
Help you build sites that deliver high-quality images regardless of screen size with modern techniques (and even support Internet Explorer!)
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Alternatives to JPGs and the pros and cons
- How to speed up load times for images
- Modern methods to display images beyond the usual img element
- How to generate correct image size for every device
- Handy comparison of JS libraries to support older browsers