A short (20min) documentary with a brief discussion and Q&A to follow with one of the film’s creators, Andrew Casden.
The ‘Connecting’ documentary series was born out of a strategic partnership with Microsoft and Bassett & Partners, a disruptive brand and design strategy agency based in San Francisco. The goal of this series is to start a meaningful dialogue within the greater design and tech communities about the challenges and opportunities facing these disciplines. ‘Connecting: Makers’ is the second chapter in this series, a provocative documentary that explores the impact of connectivity on design, culture and creativity – and ultimately the impact on humanity. Co-produced by Bassett & Partners & Microsoft Design.
The film features the following thought-leaders:
- Bill Buxton (Microsoft)
- Bruce Nussbaum (Parsons New School of Design)
- Bre Pettis (MakerBot)
- Carla Diana (Smart Design Fellow)
- Tucker Fort & Gordon Hui (Smart Design)
- Benedetta Piantella (NYU ITP)
- Mike Glaser (Drexel University)
- Marie O’Mahony (Ontario College of Art & Design)