We are smack in the middle of a hype about AI and whilst we wonder if a robot will take our job tomorrow or a badly configured self-driving car will run us over we’re forgetting that AI can be a great way for humans to deal with machines and interfaces. Let’s use Natural Language Processing to allow for clever search boxes, let’s use Artificial Vision to create automatic alternative text and let’s use facial recognition for automatic tagging and collation. The clever bits of Facebook are now available to all of us as APIs.
Let’s help humans embrace the revolution that is deep learning by showing them its benefits.
Learn how to use the power or machine learning to create great user experiences
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Using REST APIs, building HTML interfaces
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Know what AI is and what parts of it can help us
- Understand what incredibly useful solutions we already use are based on the same technologies
- How to use different parts of AI to build better, more human interfaces
- Find APIs and services to use to do the hard work
- Know what to use for which purpose without endangering the users’ privacy