User experience defines brands and distinguishes great products from their weaker peers. User experience needs to be at the forefront of every product vision, although, it is becoming clear that user experience is not enough. This session will discuss the larger echo-systems that need to be addressed for design success. The keyhole metaphor will be introduced as a powerful addition to the UX toolbox which can help designers strengthen their conversations with management and to deliver exceptional experiences.
Introduce simple yet powerful concepts that can be applied immediately to enhance design team communication, user research, and overcoming design obstacles to improve the user experience.
Designers, Developers, Product teams, Management
Five things audience members will learn
- To contextualize UI, UX, and the larger Experience
- Limitations of the narrow points of view
- Keyhole metaphor for viewing design problems in a new light
- How to expand design teams’ perspectives
- Case studies of successes and failures to use in design discussions