Join us for this intimate and interactive workshop that will run from 10am to 2pm, online.
This interactive workshop gives participants a deep dive into AI, machine learning, and emerging technology, through the lens of human-centered design. This approach provides individuals & teams a repeatable and scalable toolkit that can be applied to building better AI-enabled solutions.
The program, delivered by the author of the upcoming AI Product Design Handbook, is intended for those involved with bringing disruptive digital products & services to market. Participants will walk away with a set of tools, methods & frameworks focused on applying these technologies to customer and organizational problems.
Past participants of this workshop include design and product leaders from: Spotify, RBC, TELUS, Saks, Desjardins, Scotiabank, Bell, Equifax and many others.
“Thanks again for the workshop, it helped me better understand how my role in product relates to the technical aspects of AI and predictive tools that we use as an organization and I’m looking forward to sharing some of the tools you introduced with my team as we continue our transformation journey. Love the chocolate chip cookie example!”
Jason, Director of Product, Bell
Participants will leave the workshop empowered with a deep understanding of AI & machine learning, along with new tools, methods and frameworks for a human-centered approach to these powerful technologies.
UX designers, product managers/directors, product designers
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
Upon completion of this program, participants will:
- Gain confidence speaking about AI and its use cases (machine learning, deep learning, narrow vs. general)
- Be able to understand design patterns and use cases for AI products, services, and platforms
- Understand AI design & validation methods, such as a confusion matrix, and how to apply them
- Have a toolkit with frameworks for AI-focused ideation and overcoming technical barriers (toolkit includes several canvas tools, ideation deck, and program workbook)
- Understand the ethical and business impacts of data bias on AI & machine learning algorithms
Needed to Participate
Chrome on a desktop or laptop with audio/video capabilities