Developing for Mobile, Tablets and More
PresentationBack to Presentations
Note that this workshop is offered on the post-event workshop day on Nov 16th and therefore is only available to those who have ‘The Works’ or the ‘Workshop’ ticket.
jQuery Mobile is a touch-optimized web framework for smartphones & tablets. Bringing the “write less, do more” concept of jQuery to the mobile world, this powerful framework can help you build a cross platform web based application in a fraction of the time of building many single platform proprietary mobile applications. In this workshop how to use the majority of the features in the jQuery Mobile framework as well as how to optimize your code to work efficiently across all popular mobile platforms.
Who is this workshop for?
- Introduction to the jQuery framework and DOM manipulation
- Introduction to the jQuery Mobile framework
- Pages, Dialogs and Elements
- jQuery Mobile API
- Page syntax
- Buttons and form elements
- Content formatting
- List manipulation
- Platform Support
- Tips and Tricks
- Conclusions and Q&A
- NOTE: Code example, review and development will take place along each segment of the workshop.
To keep prices this low, this workshop is bring-your-own-laptop.