The thing that most often holds us back isn’t a temporary creative block, lack of opportunity or lazy collaborators. We’ve seen the enemy, and it is us. Kim Alpert, award winning creative and digital rabble-rouser, will explore and expose the ridiculousness of subjectively deciding your own limits. Through her own personal stories, from murderous on-set rampages and agoraphobia to personal losses, she’ll illustrate how a “why would you can’t” approach calls bullshit on seemingly intractable creative limitations. Outcomes can be shaped by your approach — take one that’s unafraid of deadlines and unapologetic about your needs.
The only thing holding us back is us.
Anyone who wants to live up to their potential while laughing at themselves on the way. Or humans and self actualized robots.
Five things audience members will learn
- How what we say shapes what we think is real
- The dangers of taking yourself too seriously
- Techniques and stories about dealing with stress
- An abundance of personal stories about Kim Alpert
- Accepting change while kicking ass