Fashion becomes interactive and technology has never before been as close to the skin – what kind of possibilities does this open up? Anouk Wipprecht is a FashionTech designer who works interdisciplinary in search for intelligent systems that interact with the body as the environment of the wearer. Wipprecht uses machine learning and biomimicry coupled to sensors and animatronics. Her designs move, breath, and react to the world around them. She is interested in new ways we can interface — and builds micro-controlled garments to provoke her generation.
The fusion between fashion, technology, interaction design and robotics – What does fashion lack? Microcontrollers.
Designers, architects, hackers, makers, rebels…
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- The intersection of fashion and technology
- Rethinking how we Interface with the world around us
- Investigating personal space and social interactions
- 3D printing, robotics, coding, design and fashion
- How to create dialogues with technology