Data visualization has become increasingly popular over the last few years. Many tools nowadays include some kind of data visualization which gives you insight in usage, the best possible way to travel, the best product offering, etc. Data visualization seems to be a powerful solution for summarising information in a world where the amount of information targeted towards us is increasing every day. But is this the holy grail for processing information? What new possibilities does visualising data provide us? What is the best possible way to present and interact with these data visualizations?
In this talk Gert Franke will briefly show where data visualization comes from, how it now influences our daily life, what the potential of data visualization is and what the future of data visualization might look like.
Show the history, potential and future of data visualization.
People that want to understand the possibilities of interactive data visualizations.
Five things audience members will learn
- The history of data visualization
- The reasons why data visualization became so hot the last few years
- The potential of data visualization
- The things we have to be aware of when creating (interactive) data visualizations
- What might the future look like with the use of data visualization