Depending on who you talk to, either God or “the devil” may “in the details.” At Sarofsky, they use animation, visual effects, computer graphics and live-action to collaborate with clients, from concept to delivery, producing work that aims to be visceral, innovative and diverse. That work crosses all platforms, including commercials, TV and film main title sequences and web efforts. In each and every studio collaboration, they must be the masters of details – but as they’ve learned (sometimes the hard way), those thoughtful realms that span from the tedious to the sublime are opportunities for awesomeness. In this presentation, this one-of-a-kind professional will highlight some of the more dramatic instances where attention-to-detail made her projects, her company and their collective work absolutely spectacular. Naturally, the keys include creative vision – and highly collaborative work environments.
Graphic design industry professionals, principals of graphic design, animation, VFX and production companies, creative industry professionals.
Six Things Audience Members Will Learn
- To a creative director and designer, what are the types of project details that really warrant personal attention?
- How do you optimize project planning to ensure that the important “broad strokes” work gets done, and that the details get attention at the right times?
- What is the difference between A and A+ work, and how do you get clients and collaborators onboard to go the extra mile?
- What should you look for in key project collaborators (producers, VFX supervisors, editors, interns) to help them embrace detail management?
- What are some instances where attention-to-detail might very well land you the job (or project) of your dreams?
- As a company owner or freelancer, how can you leverage an understanding of your simplest goals to make good, effective decisions?