Process is important. Sure, as hackers and creatives we might get by for some time on our eccentric ideas and skills, but the reality is that, as a business, we need to define and continually refine our processes to ensure continued growth and quality.
In this workshop we’ll examine what kinds of processes are used in the web and design industries, the tools they use, create an outline of your own process as well as a milestone calendar to make sure you complete it after the day has concluded.
We’ll laugh, we might cry, but most importantly we’ll grow our understanding and skills to create a process that can help our companies right now.
Provide attendees with a clear path to documenting and refining their business’ process for growth.
Freelancers and smallish Studio Managers / Owners under 50 people.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Have used tools like Wikis, Google Docs, and Blogging before.
Five things audience members will learn
- An understanding of the reasons process is so important in business.
- An outline of what they’re reasons are for defining the process.
- An outline of the tools and methodologies they’ll use to define the process.
- A deeper understanding of how some creative studios and agencies define their process.
- A rough outline of their process / A calendar of milestones set towards completing their process