If we keep increasing our bandwidth to the Internet, why do so many websites still feel so slow? When competitive advantage on the Internet can be counted in fractions of a second, optimization is not a “nice to have”, but a necessity.
In this presentation, Mike will share a wide variety of tips, tricks and tools for squeezing unnecessary bytes from your content, speeding up browser rendering times, and optimizing the delivery of your code to your site’s viewers.
To give developers and designers the tools they need to speed up their websites.
Web developers, designers and architects.
This presentation will assume you understand at least the basics of web development and/or design.
5 Things You’ll Take Away
- A better understanding of how image compression works.
- Insight into how browsers gather and render content.
- A list of tools you can use to optimize your code and imagery.
- Understanding of what Content Delivery Networks are and how best to use them.
- Some practical advice regarding how to put all of these elements together while still leaving room for actually development of your site.