This presentation will be about interactive storytelling and cinema, using the interactive film project “A Man and A Woman (abbrv. AMAAW)” by the presenter, Thierry Loa, as a case study.
AMAAW is an interactive psychological feature drama about two millennials — Paul and Virginia — in life transition, seeking their path between university and professional lives, while navigating the complexities of love, trust and youth. In the film, viewers make morally-based decisions for the protagonists.
Filmmakers, interactive designers, new media storytellers, cinema goers, video gamers
Five Things Audience Will Remember
- What is interactive storytelling
- Why and how interactivity between user and content can enhance a story experience
- More specifically, how interactivity can be used in a film as medium given the right
- Particular techniques of interactive storytelling used in the presenter’s interactive film
project “A Man And A Woman”
- The work and career path of the presenter i.e. from new media design and coding to