Since the 80’s, icons have been the standard for launching apps, based on the idea of a virtual desk with all your documents, “tchotchkes”, and a trash can to the side. After all this time you would think there would have to be a better way.
In this session Patrick will explore a couple of insights into the ways we recognize objects, specifically icons, and an experimental Android launcher as a proof of concept.
Sharing creative ideas that will one day make a difference to the world. 🙂
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Why colour and space are more important
- How to launch apps quicker
- How to launch apps for the visually impaired
- WebGL Shaders with Shadertoy and Android OpenGL ES
- Using stock Android Touch Gestures