There are many compelling arguments why companies need to care about serving pages faster to their users. Countless studies have found an irrefutable connection between load times and key performance indicators ranging from page views to revenue. This talk will cover the reasons why you need to care about web performance and what you can do to make your pages faster.
Attendees will take away an understanding of why improving load times is critical to delivering better user experiences, and how to fix performance leaches on their pages.
Designers and front-end developers who want to understand why and how to deliver faster user experiences.
THINGS AUDIENCE MEMBERS WILL LEARN
- User expectations through the ages (or at least the past 40 years)
- The psychology of web performance
- The impact of load time on business metrics (revenue, conversions, bounce rate, user satisfaction/retention)
- The cost of slow time versus downtime
- The insidiousness of “page bloat”
- Mobile performance
- 16 things you can do to deliver a faster user experience