Over the past ten years the world of digital tools has shifted from B2B to B2C. Interfaces that were once purely utilitarian have taken a path that not only integrated them with physical products, but also surpassed the physical product – becoming the product themselves. The most successful companies know how to wield UX as a strategy for engaging their user’s attention, whether it’s their employee, or their customer. Companies who confuse UX with merely making an interface “pretty” will fail every time. To better understand how to leverage UX as a competitive advantage, Mariah will talk about:
- The difference between UX and UI, and why it is so often confused
- The history of UX as an industry
- Measuring maturity of UX in an organization
Participants will leave this presentation with the tools to articulate what UX is, how this role came into being, and how to identify UX maturity within an organization.
Developers, UX professionals, interface designers, product managers, executives, CIO’s, and any business leader who is interested in articulating the scope and application of UX surrounding product development.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
This presentation assumes the audience has a solid understanding of digital product development.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- The true scope of what UX activities encompass
- The origin of experience design
- Why there is so much confusion around what a UX professional does
- Identifying the digital divide in an organization
- How to understand how mature UX practices are at the organizational level