Do you love the <object> tag, too? How do you feel about responsive image maps? Have you ever tried to work around complex tables, nasty carousels, endless country selectors and complex user interfaces? Well, let’s bring it on!
In this talk, Vitaly Friedman, editor-in-chief of Smashing Magazine, will present dirty practical techniques and clever ideas developed in actual real-life projects, and use many examples to illustrate how we can solve problems smarter and faster. Please take the techniques with a grain of salt. Beware: you will not be able to unlearn what you’ll learn in the session!
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Advanced, but not sophisticated.
Five Things Audience Members WillLearn
- How to deal with truly fluid, responsive typography
- How to mimic media queries for responsive email, especially for clients like Gmail that don’t support it
- How to achieve better performance, even in bloated RWD projects
- How to use Flexbox and SVG for more flexible and responsive modules
- How to make use of obscure (yet well supported!) CSS selectors, pseudo-classes and pseudo-elements