Data visualization is crucial to understanding the big data being generated by apps and services. Data visualization toolkits such as D3.js and charting toolkits are immensely popular but it remains difficult to create meaningful dashboards or usable analytics tools or clear data visualizations. This talk will discuss data visualization principles, present best practices, showcase excellent visualizations in practice, and share useful tips and mistakes learned.
Intermediate to advanced web developers
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Working knowledge of data visualization toolkits like D3.js or charting libraries.
Learn how to create useful, effective and beautiful data visualizations.
Five things audience members will learn
- Introduction to the Data Visualization Ecosystem
- Five Data Visualization Principles.
- Best Practices to Follow.
- How Successful Visualizations are Designed.
- Tips and Mistakes Learned with D3.js