Hear how Dixon’s adventuring and stubborn naivety has brought new vigor to her category melding practice. She’ll share how monumental change has amplified her love of exploratory making, leading her to find new forms for old materials and make room for the beginners mind in a deliverable focused world.
Share ongoing methods and developments from a body of work focused on process as much as product.
Five things audience members will learn
- Exploit the potential that an uncertain world offers (develop comfort / willingness to propose & pursue the new & unknown)
- Approach ones practice as an ecology; diversify (favor interdisciplinary thinking / work)
- Maintain momentum and interest in ones own design processes (leverage clear & applicable methods that cultivate ongoing growth)
- Practice osmosis – absorb the greatness around you
- Make the work you wish you were making