This workshop is from 2-5pm, Saturday, July 14
Samsung Gear is at the forefront of the wearables industry with eight unique watch models, including the Samsung Sport, Samsung Gear S3 and Samsung Gear S2. With millions of devices sold, Samsung wearables are #2 in market share (after Apple Watch).
In this hands-on workshop, Samsung experts will provide an introduction to Samsung Gear and the Gear Watch Designer tool – a tool that allows you to create interactive watch face apps with absolutely no coding. They will also present a product overview and provide insight on how you can generate revenue and explore marketing opportunities. Bring your laptop, curiosity and appetite – lunch is on us!
Level & Assumed Knowledge
Beginner. No technical knowledge required, but design background is recommended.
All creators welcome – designers, artists, developers, and everyone in between.
- Samsung Gear product overview
- Watch face basics
- Introduction to Gear Watch Designer
- How to build a simple watch face in Gear Watch Designer
- How to implement watch face complications
- How to build and deploy a watch face app to a device
- How to distribute a watch face app
- How to promote a watch face app
Samsung will lend Gear devices, Galaxy devices and additional accessories necessary for completing the workshop.
* Students are expected to bring the following:
- Personal laptop:
- Windows 7+ (recommended)
- Mac OS X
- Samsung Gear and/or Galaxy device (optional)
*In order to borrow devices for the workshop, attendees will be required to provide a form of identification that will be held in the care of the workshop staff until the borrowed device is returned.
To participate in the workshop, download and install one of the following application(s):
- Gear Watch Designer: http://developer.samsung.com/gear/design/watch-designer
- Windows: BETA DOWNLOAD for Win – v1.5.3 (NEW)
- Mac OS X : BETA DOWNLOAD for Mac – v1.5.3(NEW)
- Java Development Kit 8 (JDK)